How CLDA Supports Our Community
CLDA Cares is a community service program created to benefit the CLDA member companies, their families and personnel. This program is funded 100% by the CLDA, its members, vendors and affiliates and was created to help those in our industry in need.
There are two funds that are part of CLDA Cares service program:
Disaster Relief Fund
For those affiliated with our industry, the Disaster Relief Fund helps give a hand up during tough times.
This fund began in response to the devastation caused by Hurricane Harvey in 2017. The Category 4 hurricane caused more than $125 billion in damages and ranks as the second-most costly hurricane to hit the U.S. mainland since the early 1900s. Contributors donated more than $20,000 within days of being asked to help CLDA members affected by the storm. Eleven families who were employees, independent contractors and other members of our CLDA family were the beneficiaries of that initial effort.
Since the creation of this fund, we have been able to help dozens of CLDA members in need due to hurricanes, flooding and fires.
Click here to pledge your financial support for the CLDA Cares Disaster Relief Fund.
Click here to apply for Disaster Relief Fund help.
CLDA Scholarship Fund
The CLDA Scholarship Program was created in 2019 and offers the children of CLDA members an opportunity to expand their education after high school. This scholarship is available to any high school senior who is a dependent of someone with a company in good standing as a CLDA member. The student can be going to trade school, trucking school or college for any major.
The scholarships are funded by donations from members of the association, vendors and affiliates.
We are now accepting applications for 2022 scholarships!
How to Submit
Applicants must be high school seniors sponsored by a CLDA member company. They will need to submit a General Scholarship application plus:
- An essay explaining why they are applying and what they hope to contribute to the community after their education is complete
- A summary of their achievements, honors and extracurricular activities
- Two Letters of Recommendation – one from a school leader and another from a community/industry leader
- A copy of their latest transcripts and SAT or ACT scores
- A completed Guidance Counselor Student Profile Form
Completed application packets should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by mail to:
Customized Logistics & Delivery Association
Attn: Scholarship Committee
529 14th Street NW, #1280
Washington, DC 20045
PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be filled out entirely and all documents must be provided to be considered for the scholarship.
Past Scholarship Recipients
- Darren Frankel, son Michael Frankel, Co-Owner & CEO of Sir Lancellot Courier Service in Philadelphia, PA
- Joseph Rivituso, son of Lori Rivituso, Collections/AR Manager at Select Express in New York, NY.
- Brett Bernecker, son of the president of Relay Express in Fairfield, Ohio
- Khloe Jowers, daughter of the VP and COO of ADL Delivery in Thonotosassa, FL
- Chase Picard, son of the CEO of Hackbarth Delivery Service in Mobile, AL
Click here to pledge your financial support to the CLDA Scholarship Fund.