CUSTOMIZED LOGISTICS AND DELIVERY ASSOCIATION
We encourage you to read this Policy before using this website(s) and before providing your personal data to us. Your use of our websites signifies that you understand and agree with all terms of this Policy. Please contact the CLDA representative listed at the end of this page for any questions about this Policy, including any question or decision about opting-out of certain communications or a decision not to use the CLDA website.
Information CLDA Collects
CLDA collects data from members and customers with the intention of providing the best level of service. It is our overall policy to collect only personally identifiable information that you knowingly provide. The types of personal information we collect may include your name, postal address, email address, phone number, date of birth, education and employment information. We may collect additional personal information from you on occasion as needs arise. Any personal data you provide will enable us to keep you informed, process your requests, or offer services to you with respect to our programs, products and services.
CLDA always strives to use in-house and/or standard marketing analytic tools within our platforms to better serve our customers. We may collect non-personally identifiable information (i.e., information of an anonymous nature) such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, device type, browser type, operating system, page views, usage and similar data from your visits to our websites.
When a visitor performs a search within our website, CLDA may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed. We may also record limited information associated with every search request made by a visitor. That information is used to, among other things, solve technical problems with the service and to calculate overall usage statistics.
How Does CLDA Use My Data?
CLDA uses information voluntarily submitted by members and customers in the following ways:
- To provide you with programs, products, services or information you have requested from CLDA
- To develop new and improved services by analyzing demographic or usage trends and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of CLDA (including the website)
- To communicate with you about your CLDA account
- To process payments, including membership dues, registration and exam fees, subscriptions, voluntary contributions, and products and services. CLDA is compliant with the data security standards of the payment card industry (PCI-DSS compliant)
- To administer our certification programs, examination scheduling, and registration processes with our partner exam providers
- To manage your participation in CLDA governance activities, such as global and local boards, standing advisory committees, and other volunteer leadership roles
- To provide you with prompt and effective customer service
- To support the operations of CLDA such as account maintenance and recordkeeping, troubleshooting problems, resolving disputes, and for internal controls and audits
- To inform you about programs, products and services offered by CLDA and/or its contracted business partners
- To provide advertisements that are consistent with CLDA’s organizational purpose
- To conduct surveys for CLDA or on behalf of individual members performing scholarly research
- To carry out CLDA’s Ethics Compliance Policy and/or conduct investigations as required by law
- To promote networking between members
There are a number of different bases on which we will process your personal data, depending on the type of data and the purpose. Generally, we will process your personal data to provide you with the programs, products, services and information that you have requested from us or where it is necessary to perform our contract with you (i.e., membership benefits). If none of these conditions apply, we may process your personal data in instances when it is in our legitimate interests and in alignment with the purposes defined in this Policy.
Unless a longer retention period is required by applicable laws or regulations, we will retain your information for as long as your CLDA account is active, as well as for an additional period afterwards to cover any outstanding issues or queries that may arise in relation to your account. This period of retention is subject to our review and alteration.
How Does CLDA Share or Disclose My Data?
CLDA will not sell your personally identifiable information to anyone. CLDA may disclose your personal data to third parties. Our third-party data processors are required to securely maintain your personal data, following regulations and best practices, and will use the data only as needed to support the delivery of services to you on CLDA’s behalf. Further, personal data will be disclosed only to contracted third-party service providers under the following categories:
- Hosting facilities to securely store, transmit, and process your data
- Technology solution providers who assist in the development of our software platforms
- Credit card processors to securely process your payments to CLDA
- Compliance authorities we utilize for legal issues, audits, and tax purposes
- Mailing houses for the fulfillment of our products and services
- Identity management providers for user access to confidential information
- Legal authorities to comply with an inquiry made regarding a subpoena, warrant, or other court order
- Advertising, marketing, and social media providers to conduct targeted advertisements related to professional development and educational opportunities
- Research providers who may conduct surveys and studies on behalf of CLDA
- Reporting and analytic tools to allow data mining and monitoring
- Affiliate partners to provide special offers as a benefit to our members
- Marketing automation solutions to provide outbound email marketing services
Product and Services
- Third-party call centers to conduct outreach initiatives on behalf of CLDA regarding our programs, products and services
- Learning platform providers who develop, host and store information related to Continuing Professional Education (CPE) products
- Professional certification providers for the delivery of digital badges and scheduling of CLDA examinations
- Online community platform providers to allow member/customer networking benefits
- Event solution providers for the hosting and delivery of webinars and conferences, including onsite support
- Verification purposes related to credentials from CLDA/ICMA.
Does CLDA Collect Personal Data from Children?
CLDA does not knowingly collect or post information from individuals under eighteen (18) years of age (“Children” or “Child”) to the extent that CLDA is able to determine the age of users by their submissions to or communications with CLDA.
International Data Privacy Protection
CLDA’s Security Measures
The security of a customer’s personal data is important to us. CLDA takes technical, contractual, administrative and physical security steps to protect the personal data that you provide and we have implemented numerous security features to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal data. CLDA restricts access to your personal data by our employees by only allowing it on an as-needed basis for the purpose of providing benefits, programs, products or services to you. In addition, CLDA employees are trained about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your personal data. While every effort is made to maintain the privacy and security of your personal data, our security practices, processes, or technology do not guarantee absolute security of your information. It is in your best interest to take all normal personal precautions as well. Examples of precautions you can take are, but are not limited to, not sharing passwords, closing browsers when not using them, and not using public networks (e.g., internet cafes, etc.).
Subject Access/User Rights
CLDA will provide you with access to your information and make every reasonable effort to ensure your rights are fully supported. Your rights are:
- The right to access and/or correct your personal data. You can access your data by logging into your CLDA account.
- The right to object to or stop the processing of your personal data (which may lead to termination of programs, products and services)
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling
- Under certain conditions, you may have the right to receive your personal data for portability in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format
EU Data Subject Rights
This section applies to individuals located in the European Union (“EU”) (“EU Data Subject”). For these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries. CLDA is the data controller for the processing of your personal data, and we may use data processors to process personal data and perform services on behalf of our customers and members.
Subject to applicable law, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
Right of access: You have a right to access your personal data. If requested, we can confirm that we are processing your personal data and provide you a copy of the data along with other supplementary information. A reasonable charge may be applied for additional copies.
Right to rectification: You have a right to correct or update your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete. If we shared your personal data with third parties, we will seek to inform them of the rectification request, and, if lawful, tell you with whom we shared the data.
Right to erasure: You have the right to request us to erase or remove your personal data. We will do so in situations that are lawful and if there are no legal obligations to maintain it. If we shared your personal data with third parties, we will seek to inform them of the erasure request and, if lawful, tell you with whom we shared the data.
Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of processing your personal data in certain circumstances. If we shared your personal data with third parties we will seek to inform them of the restriction request and, if lawful, tell you with whom we shared the data.
Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal data which have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format that is portable and safe.
Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if: it is being used for direct marketing purposes, and/or if we are processing your personal data for our own legitimate interests, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such use.
Right not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling: You have the right not to be subject to any decision based solely on automated processing of your personal data.
Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your prior consent.
You may pursue any of these rights by updating your information online (where possible) or by sending a written request to CLDA’s data representative using the contact details listed below:
Matt Mantione, CAE, PCM
CLDA Data Representative
1280 National Press Building
529 14th Street N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20045
CLDA provides you with communications on educational products and services, networking opportunities, certification, industry research and other topics related to our mission. Members may opt-out of additional forms of communication used by CLDA for secondary purposes or used by CLDA to send any correspondence to the member, by contacting CLDA as indicated below.
Customized Logistics and Delivery Association (CLDA)
Attention: Matt Mantione, CAE, PCM
1280 National Press Building
529 14th Street N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20045